Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Morning Aggression

I like the smell of coffee in the morning, the smell of shampoo and the smell of soap. I like to be surrounded by morning commuters who are fresh and clean having taken a shower from head to toe.

But Paris smells in the morning of unwashed hair, unclean armpit, unbrushed morning breath. Every morning at 9.30 a.m, I know that the cleaning guy in my buidling is doing his shift because he leaves his strong odor of sweat in the elevator. I have to stop breathing at the risk of being nauseous. In the Tokyo subway, there are women-only cars during morning rush-hours to protect women from male molesters. I think Paris should create smell-free cars to preserve me from morning olfactory aggression... That's the least the Paris metro authority can do for a EUR 1.2 subway ride.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home