Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Jersey shores to East River

Every night I wait, clothes over a chair,
for my infidel, my love, my hope, my dreams,
my body to fill you.
I have rarely slept,
I say goodbye to the waters of New Jersey.
I enter my empty bed,
my legs look for the hollow of your legs
wished to be embraced by your unwearying fidelity.
I look through the windows
at the emptiness of the city, men, women, laughing and alive,
making me what I am, opposing me.
I use my hands,
open my eyes,
putting life in my mouth,
bursting out of pain
and so your life swells,
the image of you.
You sound in the winds
as though you were my soul.
At bad moments, you cling to my bones,empty at night,

your wings against mine
but I realize it is a phantom.
I wonder if one day,
my blood will stain your blood.
Then you will fade with me
or it will not be so dramatic
but simple,
you will age gradually,
you will sicken with me, with my body,
and together we will enter the grave.
At the thought of this, I greet you,
and then you will embrace me,
I will never forget you
because together we are one
and we will go,
facing the wind hand in hand,
at night, forever,
on the shores, in the waters,
two bodies in one, maybe one day,
motionless, forever.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:02 AM, Blogger SHELTONSFAMILY said...

That is really special.
Whoever this was for, must have touched you, even if they only existed in your dreams. One day you will find that person. A soul like that is to strong not to attract goodness.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger notts said...

wow! sad but beautiful.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home