Thursday, May 04, 2006

On-Line Shopping

I often wonder how life at work was before Internet was launched. When I am bored at work, I browse the Net. When I need a general information on a topic I need to write on, I brainstorm with Google. The Weddings & Celebrations section of the NY Times is my Monday breakfast partner. When I cannot concentrate on my work assignment, I shop on-line. When I a need a sugar shot but cannot violate my diet restrictive program, I salivate in front of Krispy Kreme. When I am hyped up with French tea-spoon sized espresso and long for a much wanted coffee with milk, I have a nostalgic moment with the Dunkin' Donuts screen. When I have a moment of illusion for a "Someday my Prince will come, someday, I'll find my love...," I look up the Cartier engagement ring site, before returning to the world of desillusion. I still haven't figured out how people entertained their boring business hours before Internet. But what I have figured out is the reason why I leave work every night after 10 p.m.: I lose my precious billable hours while browsing the Net...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home