Wednesday, April 19, 2006

What Will I Do Without Her #2

My mom thinks I'm a catholic freak. She's quite certain that I'm going to end up a contemplative nun with a VJ disease for lack of use. She gave me a rosary bracelet for X'mas and suggested I had it blessed by the Priest. Mother, are you losing it? Well, she obviously doesn't know I can't say the "Apostles' Creed." I barely know "Our Father." I don't genuflect nor do I make the sign of the cross with holy water when I enter a holy church. Alternatively and on good days, she thinks I'm going to end up in a mental home as an alcoholic. If I were to choose between being a nun and an alcoholic, I think I'd choose the former. I've always thought how cool it would be to be a contemplative nun. All they do is pray, cook, eat and smile. They don't have to take care of their looks, they don't need to wax, they don't really have to work, they basically don't have to worry about anything important, and they are married to a guy who loves them with an unconditional love and who doesn't demand much, just a little bit of attention. I was thinking about it today on my way back from work. A tempting thought ... and somehow without realizing it, I entered a liquor store and purchased a bottle of Absolut Vodka and a Martini Extra Dry. Went home, fixed myself a martini, slightly dirty, mmmm... not bad at all... had another glass, until I realized I was getting pissed while reading the Gospel of John. Mom, you are right, I am a freaky catholic alcoholic.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home