Monday, May 01, 2006

Hoboken, Belgium not Jersey

My friends all think that I have a sexy lifestyle with a high profile job because I travel business class. Well, my dear friends, at the risk of disappointing you, there's nothing sexy traveling business class. I don't sip burbon in first-class lounges. I don't get first class service from leggy blonde crew members. I only travel to industrial cities of Northern England or to gloomy villages in Belgium. How sexy is that? Okay, I admit, twice, I flew business on an international long-distance flight. The first time I was so tired I collapsed once I got onto the plane and woke up when I reached the final destination. I didn't have the opportunity to enjoy the glass of British Airlines champagne that they serve before take-off and the on-flight first class English service. The second time? Wasn't great... I didn't get the attention business class travelers usually get. I was the only woman on board the business section and by far the youngest by one generation. The flight attendants probably thought I was graded up... Ladies and gentlemen of AA, let me assure you that I wasn't graded up. I paid (well, the firm paid) full price so I deserved full service like anybody else !! I don't really blame AA for having mistaken me for a graded up tourist. While my fellow business travelers were all reading the Wall Street Journal and examining their files, I was listening to my iPod...

All this to say that I don't travel to sexy places. The other day, for instance, I was forced to travel in a remote area of Northern Belgium near Antwerp. Not exciting at all. While driving there, I passed by a city called Hoboken... What?!! Hoboken, N.J.?? What the ....!!! what am I doing in NJ, I said to myself for a nanno second, but I realized I was in Hoboken, Belgium. I got curious of this Belgian Hoboken and drove around, not knowing what I was looking for. And suddenly, I saw, in amazement, in the center of the village of Hoboken, Belgium, a disgustingly looking, old-fashioned motel/restaurant called... "Garden State." I started to crack up.

Dear owner of the "Garden State" motel/restaurant in Hoboken, Belgium: I am not sure your fellow villagers have understood your sense of humor...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger XρiStος said...

Hello cinderella ..

Ur Prince is back..;)

and he lives a pathetic life
like you
still writing at 5.30 am..
still dreaming
hoping
still for love
still
even if a fathom
still...

i
love
u

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger The Little Prince's alter ego said...

Dear Little Prince of Saint Exupery:

Stop crying. Enjoy the fields of the great campus lawn. Enjoy the olives of Apple Tree. Enjoy the sweet kiss of our British friend at the Waldorf. Or simply enjoy the glimpse of the blue sky from your G2 prison of Lenfest Hall.

Tomorrow is another day, my friend.

Always from afar,

Your cinderalla.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home