Monday, April 03, 2006

Monday Morning Ritual

Monday Morning at work (i.e., now, at this right moment), I'm knackered. No time to put my make-up on. My secretary said I looked tired. Hell no, I'm not tired, I'm simply not wearing my make-up on. Thanks for reminding me I look pale. Need my coffee with milk no sugar. Damn! Why don't they serve proper coffee here??? What the ... is this tiny and bitter grayish colored liquid they call coffee with milk? Oh yeah, I keep forgetting, this is an espresso with a drop of milk (in French "noisette." Translation: hazel nut. Why do they call it a hazel nut? Doesn't look like one... Or maybe it's because it's as bitter as a raw hazel nut?? )

Back to my Monday morning ritual. I turn my computer on. Ugh... it takes ages....! I should have turned it on before getting my noisette. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .... (keep losing my patience...) Finally! It's on!! Browsing through the net, I go to NY Times, I open the
Weddings & Celebrations Section. Some Mondays, I read the weddings & celebrations section with my colleague. She emits weird sounds while reading it: "awe, ahhh, soooo nice, awe, ahh, so cute... mmm... so romantic..." (Me: Uh-huh, yeah cute, kinda... well...)

I wonder. The majority of those couples in the weddings & celebrations section have graduated magna cum laude from an ivy league college and went to grad school and now are working in a high-profile firm on the 45th floor with a view to the river in some financial cities in the world. Do you need to do your undergrad at Princeton and get a law degree from Yale and work in a fancy investment bank or a top-notch law firm downtown to get your name + picture appear on the NY Times???

Oh ##%&&@# ! It's 11 A.M. already!!! What am I doing dreaming? I forgot! I have a deadline today!!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home